- Sell Sheet
- This sell sheet design will have you create a two-sided page layout on a modular grid.
How To Get An A
This is what you need to do to ace this assignment.
- Implement a design with a modular grid.
- Devise type hierarchy for a single-page design.
- Sketch page layouts on paper as thumbnails and higher fidelity mockups.
- Create a context-appropriate and technically correct colour theme.
- Combine the use of photography and typography to compose balanced page layouts.
- Make a reasoned font pairing which suits a given context.
- Manipulate type to create a pleasing, harmonious, context-appropriate design.
- Inventory, organize and prepare provided materials to use in a type-based design.
- Produce print-ready files.
- Organize files and folders for submission according to provided instructions.
|A, 80-100%, Excellent||This is work that has been completed in a highly motivated manner which meets all or most of the performance criteria for the project. It is an exceptional demonstration of design skills.|
|B, 70-79%, Superior||You have submitted work which is above average, but lacks the qualities which give it the stamp of excellence. It shows better than average design sensitivity.|
|C, 60-69% Satisfactory||Your project is handed in on time. It has fulfilled some or all of the requirements. It lacks strong visual interest and thoughtful & imaginative resolution. The work is merely average.|
|D, 50-59%, Marginal||This work is handed in on time, but lacks many or most of the areas that show understanding of design. It is a weak effort, which does not meet program standards.|
|F, 0-49%, Unsatisfactory||This is work that is not handed in on time or does not satisfy the assignment criteria at all.|
|NHI: Not Handed In||An assignment which was not received.|
BrightSpace Submission Links
- Page layout sketching template
- Based on paragraph styles
- Build a better text frame in InDesign
- Print your sell sheet
- Place Photos in InDesign in CMYK at 300dpi and at 100%
- Shrink a PDF
This assignment will have you design a sell sheet using the provided assets.
It’s a duplex letter page in full colour with bleeds whose purpose is to promote a company, state its purpose and give contact information. All the content, text, photos and logo are provided. You need to use it all—no more, no less.
The design (layout, type, and colours) needs to reflect the tone and voice of the company. Construction of new roofs needs to communicate:
- product reliability
- service reliability
- compliance with building codes
The clientele for this company varies broadly. They sell to adult home-owners.
Stages of the Project
- Content inventory
- Read the text
- Check photos
- Layout thumbnails
- Type selection
- Colour selection
- Build the mood board
- Create the InDesign document
- Create paragraph styles
- Create colour swatches, delete unused
- Convert photos to CMYK @ 100%
- Build the layout