- Gather all your stuff. It's time to send your assignment home.
Two students will present their findings to the group at the start of each class. I’ll give you your due dates in class.
You’ll share your findings with the group at the start of class. This should be a short explanation of your findings. You’re basically verbally presenting what you’ve written in your layout. Just don’t read it. Know the content, then communicate it to us.
As you work, keep your files organized in a project folder. You should have your main page layout file.
You will always simply submit a packaged folder including a PDF file for all assignments.
As we’ll only be using Adobe Fonts, there’s not much to do here. No fonts will ever be packaged with your projects, so you have nothing to worry about. Be sure to check Type > Find Fonts… to ensure only the fonts you’re using are in your document.
Your Submission Folder
Be sure your InDesign document is named as usual:
- Never rename a file while it’s open. Close it. Rename it in Finder, then re-open it.
- Check Separations Preview in InDesign to ensure you have no spot colours.
- Check your links panel to make sure there are no ⚠️.
- Check Type > Find/Replace font in InDesign to make sure only desired fonts are in the list.
Package It Up!
When you package your InDesign document with File > Package… It will create a folder that’s properly named if your file was well named to start with. The folder should end up being named:
Make sure your InDesign file is in good shape, save, then package it, including a PDF file.