- Typographer of the Week
- Choosing and using typefaces is the main goal of this course. But who's behind the creation of the typefaces we choose? Let's get to know the very creative detail-oriented folks behind the gorgeous typefaces we use every day.
How To Get An A
This is what you need to do to ace this assignment.
- Gain a historical knowledge of the typographers behind the typefaces.
- Your presentation includes at least the facts listed on the assignment page.
- Your text is your own, properly written and error-free.
- You communicate the facts clearly, in an organized fashion.
- You've submitted files as directed, ready for print.
Your grade reflects the degree to which you satisfied the above criteria.
|A, 80-100%, Excellent||This is work that has been completed in a highly motivated manner which meets all or most of the performance criteria for the project. It is an exceptional demonstration of design skills.|
|B, 70-79%, Superior||You have submitted work which is above average, but lacks the qualities which give it the stamp of excellence. It shows better than average design sensitivity.|
|C, 60-69% Satisfactory||Your project is handed in on time. It has fulfilled some or all of the requirements. It lacks strong visual interest and thoughtful & imaginative resolution. The work is merely average.|
|D, 50-59%, Marginal||This work is handed in on time, but lacks many or most of the areas that show understanding of design. It is a weak effort, which does not meet program standards.|
|F, 0-49%, Unsatisfactory||This is work that is not handed in on time or does not satisfy the assignment criteria at all.|
|NHI: Not Handed In||An assignment which was not received.|
BrightSpace Submission Links
Create a letter-sized layout containing biographical information on your given typographer. It should contain these elements.
|Last Name||First Name||Typographer||Date|
|Ciper||Enissa||Licko, Zuzana||January 18, 2023|
|Gomond||Bryan||Benguiat, Ed||April 19, 2023|
|Goodick||Hannah||Spiekermann, Erik||April 12, 2023|
|Goudreau-Patterson||Chandler||Frutiger, Adrian||March 29, 2023|
|Jay||Angela||Slimbach, Robert||March 8, 2023|
|Lam||Stephanie||Brody, Neville||March 15, 2023|
|Mohdamed||Ibrahim||Twombly, Carol||March 22, 2023|
|Shaan||Shaan||Morison, Stanley||February 15, 2023|
|Smith||Brianna||Frere-Jones, Tobias||February 22, 2023|
|Stojanovic||Andrej||Porchez, Jean François||February 8, 2023|
|Valenzuela||Zara||Hische, Jessica||April 5, 2023|
|Zhang||Suzie||Stone, Sumner||January 25, 2023|