- Baseline Grids
- We'll create a type system that works entirely on a baseline grid.
How To Get An A
This is what you need to do to ace this assignment.
- Design a page grid including margins, columns, rows and gutters.
- Devise a page layout grid using a baseline grid which can accomodate a complete type system.
- Organize and maintain a sound file structure for graphic design projects.
- Organize files and folders for submission according to provided instructions.
- Use the appropriate software tools and techniques to build the design.
BrightSpace Submission Links
Starting with the page as our canvas, we’ll learn how to design a layout grid. We’ll take the whole page’s dimensions as foundational dimensions on which we’ll devise margins, columns and a baseline grid. The whole system will be built to accommodate a hierarchical type system.
Why a Baseline Grid?
Aligning text to the baseline grid creates a structured and clean look with a vertical rhythm on the page.
An additional challenge is working with different size type which all aligns to the baseline grid.